Fast Facts About ATA:
- ATA International was founded by Eternal Grand Master H.U. Lee in 1969
- The ATA is one of the largest martial arts organizations in the world and is dedicated to the Songahm style of Taekwondo
- The ATA World Championships held each year in Little Rock, AR is the largest annual convention in the state and brings in an estimated $6 million in annual impact on the local economy in one week. In the 30 years of hosting the World Championships in Little Rock, it can be estimated that the ATA has brought in over $100 million in economic impact to the city through its events and work with locally based companies.
- There are more than 300,000 active members of the organization worldwide
- The ATA world headquarters is located in Little Rock, Arkansas and has called the state capitol home since 1977
- ATA International has nearly 1,200 independently owned and operated licensed locations in current operation in over 21 countries.
- ATA offers many programs for all ages and a variety of purposes ranging from basic martial arts, to self-defense, life skill building, bullying prevention and more.
- The H.U. Lee International Gate and Garden was erected in 2007 in downtown Little Rock, AR and serves as a memorial to the work, dedication, and commitment of ATA Founder, Eternal Grand Master H.U. Lee
- In 1995, the H.U. Lee Memorial Scholarship Fund was established and has since provided more than 900 students with nearly $1 million in scholarships.
- In addition to the World Championships, ATA sanctions over 300 tournaments each year worldwide.
Fast Facts About ATA Leadership:
- Grand Master In Ho Lee is a 9th Degree Black Belt, and the Grand Master of ATA International
- Edward Wright, CPA is the Chief Executive Officer of ATA International and is responsible for all business operations of ATA.
- Mrs. Sun C. Lee, widow of Eternal Grand Master H.U. Lee, is the Chairman of the Board of Directors for ATA and Chairman of the H.U. Lee Memorial Foundation Scholarship Program.