2021 SPRING NATIONALS UPDATE – APRIL 2, 2021
To: ATA Competitors/Families
From: Chief Master Betsy Stevens
Re: Spring Nationals Attendance and Admission Update
It’s almost here! Spring Nationals is less than 45 days away, and we wanted to make sure that you have the latest information about registration and spectator admission. Here’s what I know so far:
Las Vegas is opening more and more each week.
When I posted our last information (see letter here), we had been told that we could only have 250 persons in each venue section at any one time. So, we made plans for 2 competition rooms, similar to how we run several rooms at World Championships.
As of today, however, we are able to have just over 1000 persons in a competition venue at any one time, which is GREAT NEWS!!!
Here is my plan as of today:
- The competition will be divided into 3 “rounds” of competition.
- The doors for Round-1 will open at 7:15 AM and the round will begin at 8:00 AM. Only the competitor and their spectators will be allowed into the venue during that round.
- At this time, each competitor, regardless of age, will be able to have one (1) accompanying spectator.
- We will be using QR codes for entrance into the venue. The QR code will indicate in which round the person may enter the venue. This will be for all competitors/judges/spectators.
- Each competitor/spectator in Round-1 will be sent a QR code that they must bring with them in order to enter the building during the time of the round.
- Registered Judges will receive an “all-access” code and be given a specific color band for the day.
- After scanning their QR code to enter the venue, the competitor/spectator will be given a specific color band to indicate that specific round and will be able to enter/exit the competition area during the time of that round.
- At the conclusion of Round-1, the venue will be cleared, and the process for Rounds-2&3 will be repeated.
- Doors for the subsequent rounds will open 30 minutes prior to the time of the rounds.
- Round-2 will begin at 11:30 AM, and Round-3 will begin at 3:00 PM. The same rules pertaining to spectators will apply. Keep in mind that the venue will be cleared between each round.
This is not a perfect plan, and I am sure that it will be tweaked as we move closer to the actual competition date. However, I hope that this gives you a higher level of comfort that you will be able to be with your family as they compete.
Now is the time to REGISTER! We cannot make a final plan until we know how many competitors will be in attendance.
Registration for the competition ends at 11:59 PM CT on Sunday, April 11, 2021. After registration closes, we will send each registrant a link so that their family member can purchase their spectator admission ticket to receive their admission QR code.
To view the Spring Nationals schedule and to register click here.