Clean the Clutter
How to Master Cleanliness in Only 30 Days
This year, ATA Martial Arts has been hyper-focused on achieving the goals we set. We have talked a lot about goals that pertain to healthy eating, getting fit and practicing productivity. However, there are plenty of other goals some of you may have that we haven’t touched on. One of them may be cleanliness. Many people struggle with keeping their space decluttered and clean – especially since it can get to a point where there is so much to pick up and wipe down that it becomes too overwhelming to get done.
If you struggle with keeping a clean living space, the issue may be that you own too much stuff. Too much stuff can be distracting or stressful which can then result in stress and anxiety in your everyday life. We want to help those of you who have this struggle with a 30-day plan to get you started.
You may not be comfortable with doing every item on this list or every item may not apply to you depending on how cluttered your space is but we encourage you to do as many of them as possible to reach the goals you have set!
Declutter your space by…
- Taking it one room at a time and possibly even one item at a time (dresser, cabinet, drawer, closet, etc.)
- Have a keep, donate and trash pile.
- Set a goal for how many bags of trash and donate items you want to fill.
- Take before and after pictures or daily progress pictures to see what you are accomplishing.
- Figure out where you have storage and create more storage if you need it so the items you keep can be organized.
If this goal is something you’re adamant on achieving, read these articles we found that provide more information and will help you obtain a clutter-free lifestyle: