At the 2018 World Expo, the ATA announced the launch of Team Sparring Competitions at the Regional Tournament level for the 2018-2019 Tournament season. Teams will consist of 3 members and almost all ages are invited to participate in two team sparring divisions: Free Sparring and Combat Weapons Sparring.
If your school would like to form a team and begin accumulating points this season, this seminar is a requirement for a designated member from your school (must have participated by December 31, 2018).
Here’s what this seminar (led by Master Isaacs – Team ATA USA’s Head Coach) will provide for your team:
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Step-by-Step Process to Create and Coach Teams for Team Sparring Divisions - For Both Divisions: Free Sparring team and Combat Sparring team
- How to Qualify an athlete/individual to join the National Team – Team ATA USA which will compete in the ATA’s World Cup to potentially win the Team Sparring World Champion Title
Free of Charge to all eligible, Legacy Member Black Belts, 18 and older. Must have your instructor's approval to be a coach. Open to all Black Belts, 18 and older - must be (any level) Legacy member. Ages 18 and up are welcome. Must have Licensee Approval to be a coach.
- Eligibility for your team to begin accumulating points for State/District/National Champion Titles (to be awarded in 2019, World titles do not apply)
- Teams may compete without coach’s training through 2018, but points will not accumulate
- Points will retroactively be awarded as long as certification is attained by Dec. 31, 2018
- Learn how a “Level 1 - Coach” can train assistant coaches in your school